Adulterated or Misbranded Milk or Milk Products
No person shall, produce, provide, sell, or offer for sale, or have in possession with intent to sell, offer, or expose any milk or milk product which is adulterated or misbranded. Any adulterated or misbranded milk or milk product may be impounded by the regulatory agency and disposed of in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Adulterated food is food that:
- Contains any poisonous or deleterious substance which may render it injurious to health (unless naturally occurring substances are present which are not ordinarily injurious to health).
- Contains a new animal drug which is unsafe.
- Contains a pesticide
- Contains an unsafe food additive.
- Contains any filthy, putrid, or decomposed substance.
- Has been prepared, packaged or held under insanitary conditions.
- Is the product of a diseased animal.
- Contains excess parts of radiation.
- If any substance has been substituted wholly or in part.